Prity Farooq is the owner & founder of Prity: the award winning beauty salon offering a high end spa, hair & beauty service in Bradford. Prity’s impeccable service teamed with its ever-evolving range of products and services has made it a success and it continues to grow bigger and better.
However, the journey that led to the creation of Prity- the salon, began long before in the heart of India where she grew up. She was born in Jamshedpur, India and from an early age Prity had a creative flair for Business and Art. She honed her skills whilst training in New Delhi, learning ancient herbal and Ayurvedic remedies which she planned to bring to the Western Market here in the UK. She has since been working as a hair and beauty therapist in the UK since 1991.
Prity’s debut into the beauty industry came about when she opened her successful flagship branch on Legrams Lane in 2005. Since then, she has received much recognition for her signature beauty treatments, as well as her highly maintained business standards of hygiene. Prity Hair, Beauty & Spa has won numerous awards, most notably the ‘Customer Excellence Awards’ for three years running.
Prity believes that maintaining a high standard of hygiene in her salons, rewarding loyalty and always providing customers with the latest skin care treatments keeps her customers happy and are the main reasons they choose her salon over others. Prity has also perfected her own eyebrow threading techniques, which are highly sought-after by her clientele. Together, the business has created a service that is no less than excellent.
She constantly strives to bring in new treatments and is always learning new ways in which she can cater to her customers’ needs. Her exclusive, high-end treatments use all of her own recipes and products which she has recently developed using natural Ayurvedic techniques. Our excellent range of Prity Ayurvedic Skin Care products are also available to buy in one of our beauty salons, which aim to prolong the effects of your in-salon treatments.
Awards for Prity Skin Care
Asian Style Awards
National Winner Best Salon
Customer Excellence Awards
Asian Sunday Awards
Finalist of Women Entrepreneur
Asian Style Awards
Finalist of Creative Business
The English Asian Business Awards
The English Hair & Beauty Awards
Highly Commended 2018
Prity’s Skin Care Range
New to Prity this year is a line of amazing natural skin care products that will leave your skin glowing with warmth and joy! Based upon our own original recipe products that have been used in our salons for years, we have now released our own range due to popular demand, meaning you can take them home with you and use them to help maintain your skin’s tip top condition between treatments.
The unique ingredients used in our products have been proven to show fantastic results with just a few applications. These range from aloe vera which is naturally rich in vitamins A, C, D, E, and B12 to allantoin which is a botanical extract derived from comfrey that promotes wound healing and cell proliferation. With anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties, this soothing botanical helps increase water content in the skin, enhancing skin cell renewal and gives it a fuller and healthier look. Avocado is also an excellent emollient helping you achieve that much sought-after glow as Avocado is easily absorbed into cellular tissue and increases the amount of collagen in the skin which is also just what your skin requires to rejuvenate when it naturally starts to age.
Here at Prity’s you can rest assured that all your skin health requirements will be taken care of professionally and efficiently with our range of natural ayurvedic skin care products and treatments in store.
Community & Charities
We have been working with charities like Mcmillan Cancer Care for over three years now and enjoy fundraising as part of our community work. Our generous customers have helped us raise thousands of pounds for the charity.
We are always looking for new opportunities to be involved in community & charity work so if you have an event, cause or charity you would like us to support please contact us via out contact page.
We operate a strict no children policy at our salon.
We wholeheartedly apologise for any inconvenience caused to our customers. We assure you that we fully understand your concerns and sympathise with your point of view. However we have taken much time before considering to implement this policy in order to enhance our overall customer experience for anyone visiting Prity’s.
We have a two main reasons for having a strict no children policy and both of them are a result of reoccurring incidents.
Firstly and most importantly, there is the issue of Health and Safety. We understand that although your children may be well behaved, other children unfortunately are not. Therefore we cannot discriminate from parent to parent with regards to whose children we allow on to the premises. There have been numerous incidents in the past where the parent or guardian is on the chair or undergoing a treatment while their child/children have been running about causing a distraction to the staff members but more importantly being a hazard to themselves. If the parent is on the chair or undergoing a treatment, and therefore not being in a position to directly supervise their children, then this is already being negligent towards their children. We had a serious incident before the implementation of this policy, in which our insurers instructed us to put such a measure in place, where a small boy was running around the salon at a busy time and ended up injuring himself by running into one of glass shelves. While the boy was running around, his mother had been negligent in her responsibility to supervising him, yet when he hurt himself she turned and pointed her blame at the salon and demanded the glass shelves be removed along with anything with sharp corners. Prity’s is a beauty salon – it has a very specific clientele that it caters to and unfortunately that does not include children. Therefore, our premises, are also designed to cater for the needs of our clientele, the beauty services we provide and under no circumstances have we ever deemed or portrayed it to be a place that is child friendly.
Secondly, coming back to providing the best possible experience for our clients, upon which our success over the last 10 years is based, some children inevitably cry, scream, or are loud when they become bored, waiting for their parent or guardian. This is extremely distressing to a client who has come to the salon and paid a premium with a view to receive a relaxing spa treatment or facial. Not to mention that our appointment schedule also starts lagging due to the extra time that is taken when a parent/ guardian has to keep stopping the therapist from their pace of work in order to verbally discipline/ keep an eye on their child. The extra time builds up to the point where a 15 minute service takes 20 minutes and when this builds up, other client’s pre booked appointments are significantly delayed, rendering them dissatisfied with the service provided to them. We have had numerous and varying complaints from customers over a number of years, however it wasn’t until the health and safety incident due to the negligence of the mother of the boy who injured himself that we were adamant on implementing this policy.
As previously mentioned, we fully understand that your children may well never behave in such a manner but I’m sure you’ll understand that we cannot discriminate in a way that allow some parents to bring their children in while not allowing others to do so.
Again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that this policy has caused you.
I.D must be provided for all facial, waxing, tinting, hair colour treatments. This is in order to confirm the identity & age of clients undergoing treatments at the salon in order to prevent any grievances. If you cannot provide I.D we cannot go ahead with any treatments.
Cancellations, Shipping & Returns Policy
Orders can be cancelled and fully refunded before they have been dispatched. Once an order has shipped it can no longer be cancelled even if the package has not arrived to its destination.
Otherwise, our Returns Policy will apply.
We reserve the right to cancel or not accept any order that we suspect to have been placed as a result of fraudulent activity.
We further reserve the right to cancel or not accept subsequent orders from customers with a previous fraudulent order history.
* We usually ship within 1-2 business days once payment is cleared.
Our orders are shipped by Royal Mail.
* Depending on your chosen shipping option, parcels shipped to a UK address should arrive between 1 to 3 days working days once shipped.
* Estimated delivery time for Europe 3 - 5 business days.
* Estimated delivery time for Rest of the World is 5-7 business days.
* Please note that parcels do sometimes get delayed in transit so they may arrive a few days later than the estimated delivery timescale.
We offer a 15-day return policy. Restrictions apply, please see below. Please submit a return request via our website or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions for returns:
* Supercover, Star Struck or any other Make Up Products are all non-refundable and once left the Salon premise cannot be exchange due to health and safety reasons.
* Returns must be made within 15 days of receipt of order.
* Products must be unused and in good condition with all its original packaging attached.
* Returns are accepted if there is a result of a manufacturing defect or shipping error.
* Orders that we suspect to be fraudulent or products that have been tampered with will not be refunded.
* Return shipping and handling costs and other charges are non-refundable.
* Please note that unless the item is defective due to our own error or arrived to you damaged, return postage must be pre-paid. Otherwise, a prepaid return label with our return approval will be provided.
* It is recommended that you use a track & signed for service for your return.
* Keep the Return Tracking Number for your return package to monitor delivery status.
* We will require a receipt or proof of purchase to complete a return.
* We cannot accept a return of an item that is not in its original condition, opened, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error, or is returned more than 15 days from date of receipt.
• You must submit a return request to email@example.com with your order details and some photos to clearly show the condition of the item being returned.
Sending your items back to us:
Please only send items back to us once your return request has been approved and confirmed via email by us. Unapproved returns will not be processed and therefore, will not be refunded.
To return your product, please post your item in its original packaging to:
Prity Beauty, Hair & Spa Salon
14 Legrams Lane
Refunds (if applicable)
* Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you if your refund has been approved.
* Once approved, you can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase, within 30 days of our receiving the returned order.
* Packages that were lost due to incorrect / incomplete shipping addresses will not be refunded.
* Please note that unless the item is defective due to our error or arrived to you damaged, your original shipping costs are non-refundable.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately, sale items cannot be refunded.
Replacement (if applicable)
We only replace items if they arrived damaged.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your replacement request.
* Gift Vouchers are available for most treatments, contact us or pop into the salon for further information.
* Gift Vouchers are valid for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase, are non-refundable and under no circumstances will a voucher be extended however treatments can be exchanged with a treatment of choice.
*Please book an appointment to avoid waiting time as clients with appointments will be seen according to booking therefore your wait maybe longer if you’re a walk-in client.
*Full amount payable in advance for all one-hour treatments.
*48 Hours’ notice required for any changes.
*Deposits will not be refunded.
*Appointment can be changed up to 30 days.
*Due to less staff, it could be a walk-in day instead of appointment booking.
*Loyalty cards cannot be used during the festive season.
*To make your visit as relaxing as possible we ask that all mobile phones are on silent during your appointment to avoid being disturbed.
We kindly request that all clients arrive at least 5 minutes before your treatment and new clients arrive 10/15 minutes early to fill out our client details form. Please be aware that if you attend your appointment late, we may need to reschedule to a more suitable time.
We appreciate some unavoidable events may crop up that could affect your booking however we request where possible that clients provide us with at least 24 hours’ notice to cancel or re-schedule an appointment to avoid paying a 50% cancellation charge.
A consultation form must be filled out prior to a treatment being given, please inform us of any medical conditions including pregnancy when booking as some treatments may not be appropriate for you. Please also check Treatment Contraindications before booking treatments.
Some treatments may require a patch test to be done at least 24 - 48 hours prior to your first treatment, even if you have had the treatment done previously elsewhere. This will also be required if it has been 6 months since your last treatment and yearly if you are a regular client. There are no exceptions, even if you have had the treatment elsewhere you will still need to be patch tested where it is needed. You can request a new patch test prior to each appointment if you would like to. This is a legal requirement.
Zero Tolerance Policy
Unacceptable behavior is not defined but some examples are given below:
• Offensive or abusive language, verbal abuse and swearing
• Loud and intrusive conversation
• Unwanted or abusive remarks
• Negative, malicious or stereotypical comments
• Threats or risk of serious injury to a member of staff, fellow clients or visitors
• Bullying, victimisation or intimidation
• Unreasonable behavior and non-cooperation
• Any destruction of or damage to property
Note - It is important to remember that such behaviour can be either in person, by telephone, letter or e-mail or other form of communication.
Free parking is available in the front car park of the salon.
If you need something or have any questions please contact us below